BANGOR — A faulty furnace was likely the main culprit in a fire that gutted a trailer at a local mobile home park on Thursday afternoon.

Bangor Assistant Fire Chief Tom Higgins said crews were dispatched to Lot 13 at Pray’s Mobile Home Park off Finson Road shortly after noon.

Higgins said fire was spewing through the doors and windows of the home when firefighters from Bangor and Glenburn arrived.

The assistant chief said a woman, her two kids and a dog managed to get out safely.

“The guys tried to make an aggressive attack, but these things advance pretty fast,” Higgins said.

Despite subzero temperatures, firefighters managed to contain the blaze in about an hour, and Glenburn brought in a tanker truck which aided firefighters’ efforts.

“There’s no water supply here in the park,” Higgins said.

Higgins said the mobile home was not insured, but the Red Cross is providing the family with assistance. The state fire marshal’s office will be called in to investigate.

Brewer covered Bangor’s Central Fire Station.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: