BUCKSPORT — More than 30 firefighters fought a fire at Sherwood Forest Mobile Home Park on Friday morning, officials said.

Bucksport and Orland crews were dispatched to the scene shortly before 9 a.m., according to Bucksport firefighter Jared Bowden.

Crews arrived to find heavy smoke inside the double-wide trailer, Bowden said, but no fire was visible from the exterior of the home.

The homeowner told firefighters she had had a problem with her dryer, according to Bowden. The fire was blamed on the dryer motor.

Crews were able to knock the fire down in about 20 minutes, Bowden said.

The trailer had about $13,000 in damage but is still habitable. No injuries were reported, and Dedham firefighters were kept on standby.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: