OGUNQUIT (AP) — Maine emergency officials say none of the 21 people affected by carbon monoxide at an Ogunquit resort suffered serious injuries.

Nine ambulances were sent to the InnSeason Resorts-The Falls at Ogunquit on Route 1 Sunday and one of the hotel’s buildings was evacuated.

York Fire Chief Mark O’Brien said that 14 people were evaluated at the scene and seven were taken to two area hospitals for further evaluation. They were listed in stable condition and were expected to be released Sunday.

O’Brien said carbon monoxide readings in the basement were 10 times more than normal levels and that the building did not have carbon monoxide detectors.

A woman who answered the phone at the 77-room hotel said hotel officials had no comment.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: