KINGFIELD — An electrical fire Sunday morning gutted a small barn on Cedar Street and destroyed its contents, Assistant Fire Chief Fred Nichols said Monday.

No one was injured.

The barn, owned by Pat Tufts of Kingfield, was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. It stood 500 to 600 feet from the home. 

About 30 firefighters from Kingfield, Carrabassett Valley and New Portland responded to the call at 6:21 a.m. Strong and Salem Township fire departments were called but were turned back because firefighters had it under control, Nichols said.

The barn was used for storage.

The biggest thing was everything was icy, Nichols said. “It was extremely slippery. People kept falling down.”

[email protected]

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under:

Daily Headlines

  • Sign up and get the top stories to begin the day delivered to your inbox at 6 a.m.