LEWISTON — Every time the Northeast Generals tried to take command of Sunday’s NA3HL contest, the L/A Fighting Spirit had an answer.

The Generals had no answer, let alone much time to come up with one, when the Spirit took their first — and only — lead of the game.

Dylan vrees scored with less than four minutes left to break a tie in L/A’s 3-2 win at Androscoggin Bank Colisee.

The Generals (9-8-0-1) twice took leads in the first period, only for the Fighting Spirit (11-9-0-0) to respond within minutes each time. Dylan Figueroa opened the scoring with a power-play goal 8:59 into the game, but Clifford Ogle tied it back up for L/A 43 seconds later. Zach Needham scored a shorthanded goal later in the period for the Generals, then Thomas Kuntz evened things back up with a power-play tally just over two minutes later.

Vrees, Ogle and Kuntz all finished with a goal and an assist, Kyle Secor and Walker Hamilton also added assists for the Spirit.

Austin Braley and Tyler Rudek assisted on Figueroa’s opening goal.


Michael Errico stopped 22 shots in net for L/A, while his Northeast counterpart, Leo Lake, made 28 saves for the Generals.

Prep Boys’ Soccer

Hebron Academy 1, The Master’s School 0

DEERFIELD, Mass. — Michael Tahiru scored with nine minutes left to lift Hebron Academy to a 1-0 victory over The Master’s School (N.Y.) in the NEPSAC Class C final at Deerfield Academy on Sunday.

Tahiru, who scored more than 30 goals during the season, helped the Lumberjacks (18-0) finish the season by out-scoring the opposition 96-3. The ‘Jacks didn’t give up a goal in their final 1,103 minutes of play.

Madhurane Muthukumaraswary didn’t even have to record a save for Hebron, which was playing in its sixth straight New England tournament, but appearing in its first final in that span.


Prep Girls’ Soccer

Vermont Academy 1, Hebron Academy 0

NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. — Leandra Echi broke through the defense and broke a scoreless tie with 12 minutes left to give Vermont Academy a 1-0 win over Hebron Academy in the NEPSAC Class D final at the Brooks School on Sunday.

Taylor Leech made nine saves in net for the runner-up Lumberjacks (11-7-2), who finished with their most wins since 2002. Kyra Rideout stopped five shots for the Wildcats, who out-shot Hebron 22-6.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.