OXFORD — At around 3:45 a.m. Tuesday, firefighters were called to Oxford Meadows apartment complex at 1633 Main St. in Oxford for a fire alarm and smoke.

On arrival, according to scanner traffic, firefighters found newspaper on fire and put the fire out. Residents had evacuated by the time firefighters arrived.

According to WGME, resident Barbra Roy says she woke up to a fire alarm, opened her door and her newspaper, that she says was delivered, was on fire. She says she put it out.

Roy says she has no idea how her newspaper caught fire outside of her door.

The fire is being investigated by the state Fire Marshal’s office.

[email protected]

Barbara Roy


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: