AUBURN — Sparks igniting dust caused a small fire inside duct work at Pioneer Plastics on Friday afternoon.

It wasn’t much of a blaze, officials said, but fire crews spent hours at the plant snuffing out smoldering dust to make sure it didn’t spread beyond the ducts.

Crews went over to the Pionite Road facility around noon after smoke was reported in the building. By 3 p.m., they were still there, putting out hot spots and cleaning up.

There were no injuries or significant property damage, Auburn fire officials said.

 


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.