LIVERMORE FALLS — A pregnant goat perished in a fire early Wednesday at a residence near 19 West Loop.

The goat was in a wooden pen inside a portable wood-framed garage that had a plastic covering, Fire Chief Edward Hastings IV said. The structure was destroyed. 

The fire was apparently caused by a heater, he said.

He did not have the name of the owner of the goat.

Seven Livermore Falls firefighters responded to the 1:40 a.m. call off Routes 106 and 133.

[email protected]


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.