OXFORD — A fire Tuesday morning at Oxford Auto Salvage spread to four cars and singed many others, according to local firefighters.

The fire at 117 Number Six Road was reported at about 10:30 a.m., and was believed to have been accidental.

Deputy Chief Sean Cordwell of the Oxford Fire Department said an employee of the salvage yard was cutting a catalytic converter from a car when his equipment sparked and ignited a piece of the vehicle’s insulation.

The Christmas Eve fire was out within minutes, but the cleanup took firefighters about an hour.

No one was injured.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.