FARMINGTON — A dryer fire early Friday morning caused smoke damage in a second-story apartment at 145 Middle St.

Residents in the three-apartment building took shelter in their cars for about two hours, Fire Rescue Chief Terry Bell said.

The building is owned by Mark Pawlick who lives in the back, first-floor apartment.

Smoke detectors alerted occupants to the fire, which was contained to the dryer. Clothes inside it were damaged, he said.

Two tenants on the second floor could not stay in the apartment because of smoke damage and odor, but they can return once it’s cleaned, Bell said.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal was contacted.

Farmington Fire Rescue, Farmington Police Department and NorthStar EMS ambulance responded to the 1:25 a.m. call.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: