Lewiston firefighters douse a porch fire Tuesday afternoon at 160 Ash St. The cause was smoking materials that were disposed of improperly, according to a fire official at the scene. Russ Dillingham/Sun Journal

LEWISTON — A small fire caused minor damage Tuesday afternoon to a house at 18 Horton St., Assistant Fire Chief Mark Anderson said.

The call to firefighters was for burning trash next to the building.

Immediately after that call, firefighters responded to 160 Ash St. for a fire caused by improper disposal of smoking materials on a porch, according to a fire official at the scene. Anderson said it was extinguished in about 10 minutes.

The fires come a day after Lewiston and Auburn fire departments responded to an apartment fire at 92 Pine St., which is still being investigated.

Related Headlines

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.