HERMON — Dominic Trott broke a fourth-quarter tie with his third touchdown run with just three minutes left, lifting Winthrop/Monmouth/Hall-Dale to a 34-28, inter-class win Friday night.

Ramblers (1-1) quarterback Owen Harding connected with Brayden Stubbert for two touchdown passes for the Class D program.

Gary Glidden rushed for three Hawks (1-1) touchdowns, and Gavin Coombs returned a punt 80 yards for a score for Class C Hermon.

MOUNTAIN VALLEY 44, SACOPEE VALLEY 34: The Hawks rallied back from a large early deficit and battled until the bitter end couldn’t overcome the Falcons in Hiram.

Mountain Valley (2-0) built a 28-6 lead in the second quarter, but Sacopee Valley cut it (0-2) 28-20 by halftime and continued to hang around in the second half.

The Hawks scored on a rushing touchdown with four seconds remaining but the Falcons recovered the onside kick on the ensuing kickoff and then took a knee and ran out the clock.


Mountain Valley’s Kaden Paaso scored three touchdowns, and Jyrrmal Yates and Lucas Libby also had rushing TDs. Paaso also had an interception.

DIRIGO 26, OLD ORCHARD BEACH 20: Charlie Houghton ran for two touchdowns and passed for another in the Cougars’ (1-1) win over the Seagulls (1-1) is 8-man Small School South action in Dixfield.

Houghton rushed for 108 yards on 24 carries and was 12 for 17 passing for another 108 yards. Trent Holman scored a touchdown for Dirigo and Trenton Hutchinson kicked a 35-yard field goal.

For Old Orchard Beach, Eilija Vasquesz ran for two touchdowns and Brady Plante threw for another.

SPAULDING (N.H.) 30, EDWARD LITTLE 6: Tate Morse scored the lone touchdown for the Red Eddies (1-1) in a loss to the Red Raiders (2-0) in Rochester, New Hampshire.

Morse scored on a 3-yard quarterback sneak in the second quarter as Edward Little drew within 16-6 at halftime.


Edward Little’s second-half drives stalled due to penalties and turnovers, according to head coach Rick Kramer.

LEWISTON 50, BANGOR 33: Eli Bigelow scored four touchdowns in the the first half and the Blue Devils (1-1) scored three special teams touchdowns to defeat the Rams (0-2) in Bangor.

“Our team took a positive step forward this week and responded incredibly well to last week’s loss against Sanford,” Lewiston coach Jason Versey said. “It’s always our goal to get a little bit better each and every week, and I feel like we did that against Bangor. Roddy Doustout, our special teams coordinator, did a great job preparing our players all week long, and that showed on the field Friday night.”

Bigelow returned a punt 68 yards for a score and had a 81-yard touchdown run in the opening quarter as Lewiston built a 22-7 lead. Farid Muhammed-Aceto also had a touchdown run in the first for the Blue Devils.

Bigelow added to that lead with two more touchdown runs, from 31 and 35 yards, in the second quarter, after which the lead was 36-7.

Lewiston’s Aiden Pickard returned the opening kickoff of the third quarter 93 yards for another touchdown. Near the end of the third, Jibril Holloman returned a kickoff 85 yards for a score.

Bigelow finished with three carries for 147 yards, while Muhammed-Aceto ran the ball seven times for 93 yards.

On defense, Lewiston’s Joseph Dube had two tackles for a loss and Wyatt Vallee finished with one sack and one tackle for a loss.

Bangor quarterback Jack Schuck ran for two TDs, and backup QB Teddy Stephenson ran for a score and threw a 44-yard TD pass to Trey Tennett.

Related Headlines

Comments are no longer available on this story