The second floor of a single-family home on Dunn Road in Poland was completely engulfed when fire crews responded noontime Friday. Submitted photos

POLAND — Fire crews battled a blaze Friday on Dunn Road which left two adults without a home, according to fire officials.

Poland Fire Rescue Chief Tom Printup said in a text that a call came in just before noon Friday for a fire at a single-family home at 137 Dunn Road.

When crews arrived, they encountered heavy fire coming from the home’s second floor and an occupant whom they evaluated for breathing problems, he said.

The occupant was not transported and no other injuries were reported.

The fire was brought under control by 1:30 p.m. and left the house uninhabitable, Printup said. Two adults were put into contact with the American Red Cross, he said.

The Office of State Fire Marshal investigated the fire which appeared to be accidental, he said.

Assisting Poland Fire Rescue were crews from Auburn, Mechanic Falls, New Gloucester and Oxford.

Comments are not available on this story.

filed under: