LEWISTON – The death of Joline Miller remained a mystery Friday, three days after the 23-year-old’s body was found in the woods along Goddard Road.

The state Medical Examiner’s Office said results of an autopsy are incomplete. Police said there is no immediate indication that foul play was involved.

Those who knew the Lewiston woman said they could not think of a reason anyone would want to hurt her.

“She was very, very nice,” said 25-year-old Megan Griffey, who worked with Miller at a telemarketing company two years ago. “She wasn’t the type of person who would give anyone a hard time.”

Miller lived with a boyfriend in Auburn until recently when she moved to Lewiston, investigators said. Police said Miller was last known to live at 12 Wood St. or 124 Blake St.

When her body was found near an all-terrain vehicle trail on Goddard Road Tuesday she was several miles from downtown Lewiston.

“I can’t think of any reason she would have been out there,” Griffey said. “They only time I ever saw her hanging around, she was in the downtown area.”

Police were also eager to determine why Miller’s body was found in a wooded area frequented mostly by all-terrain riders and snowmobilers.

“Obviously, detectives are still doing follow-up interviews,” said Lewiston Deputy Police Chief Michael Bussiere. “We want someone from the public to come forward and help in any way they can. We want to know why she might have been out in that area.”

Miller worked for a time at Power Tel Technologies on Mill Street in Auburn. She also held a job making pizza at the same time, according to Griffey.

Police this week were attempting to determine what Miller was doing and who she was with around the time she disappeared in November. Investigators said they have leads in the case but they were not disclosing that information.

When Miller’s body was found Tuesday afternoon, Maine State Police were called to join the investigation. On Thursday, the case was turned back over to Lewiston police.

“There is no indication at this point that foul play is involved,” said State Police spokesman Stephen McCausland.

According to Griffey and others who knew Miller, the 23-year-old was often depressed. However, police said there was no indication she was considering suicide at the time she vanished.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.