Dear Sun Spots: Last December, my son-in-law bought two Pomeranian puppies from a breeder. He paid a lot of money but they never gave us papers for the puppies. I keep asking them for the papers but still don’t have them. I’m thinking of taking them to court. How do I go about it? – A faithful reader, C.R., Lewiston.

To take somebody to Small Claims Court you need to go to the Maine District Courthouse at 71 Lisbon St., Lewiston. Go to the “civil” window and request a small claims package. The package is free of charge and will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to go about this. The courthouse is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Dear Sun Spots: I’m writing again to see if you can let us know where we can see the “dump wedding” on TV. The answer you printed on Saturday, Aug. 30, from “Inside Edition” didn’t happen Sept. 3 at 12:30 p.m. on Channel 8, and lots of people were disappointed not to see it. We really would appreciate it if you could get them to run it some time soon so us locals could get to watch it. – K.W., Greenwood.

Unfortunately, there is nothing Sun Spots can do to persuade a television station to air this program. The publicist for “Inside Edition” provided the times and date of the show, and I’m sorry you and your family did not get to see it. According to reporter Gail Geraghty, the show did not air in Maine. Perhaps some readers taped it and would be willing to share it with you. Perhaps you could hold a screening with family and friends. In the meantime, you may be interested in seeing the lovely couple online at Just click on photo gallery, then click on Jose Leiva’s portfolio then “Slide Shows” where you will see several of his photographs from the wedding.

Dear Sun Spots: This is for the lady from Lisbon Falls who is looking for Gerber jars for crafting. I have some on hand. She’s welcome to them if she’s interested. I can be reached at (207) 783-6400. Please ask for Teri. – Teri G., Lewiston.

Dear Sun Spots: Could you please tell me why Wal-Mart no longer carries the flip-flops Sand & Sun? I purchased them for years but have not been able to find any others that fit as well as those did. – No Name, No Town.

Sun Spots spoke with Danette Thompson of Wal-Mart’s public relations department who says the company gets this sort of request frequently and is happy to assist you. Thompson says they do still carry this product. She recommends you contact their customer service department at 800-WalMart, (which is (800) 925-6278), to have them research this for you. Thompson says if it’s a case of having the product in a Southern store, Wal-Mart can accommodate your request by transporting it to a Maine store.

Dear Sun Spots: Could you please tell me if there is a place in the Lewiston-Auburn area that sells T-Fal cookware pieces separately? I don’t need a whole set. All I need is an extra pan, the size of those I already have. If not, is there a toll-free number where I may contact them? – J.W.W., No Town.

Try contacting Filene’s in the Maine Mall in South Portland. Sun Spots noticed they had some in stock and hopefully those are the ones you are looking for. You can reach them at (207) 773-3800. Try contacting the company itself at T-Fal Consumer Service, P.O. Box 2001, Pinebrook, N.J. 07058-2001; at 800-395-8235; at (973) 575-1060; by e-mail at [email protected] or online at

This column is for you, our readers. It is for your questions and comments. There are only two rules: You must write to the column and sign your name (we won’t use it if you ask us not to). Letters will not be returned or answered by mail, and telephone calls will not be accepted. Your letters will appear as quickly as space allows. Address them to Sun Spots, P.O. Box 4400, Lewiston, ME 04243-4400. Inquiries can also be posted at in the Inform Us section under Press Release.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.