Dear Sun Spots: I moved out of the Barker Arms on Nov. 30. It is run by the Auburn Housing Authority. I have not yet received my rent deposit or security deposit of approximately $125. Can you please help me? I could do with the money. – No Name, No Town.

Answer: Sun Spots checked with building manager Bruce Merrill, who says your check was mailed to you three times to the addresses they had for you, and at which they tried to contact you. However, each was returned because of an incorrect address. Merrill says they would gladly return your deposit and are frustrated at not being able to do so, but they do not have a current address. He recommends you stop by the front desk, where you’ll be able to receive your check, or please call them and provide a current address so they can once again mail it to you. You can reach them at 784-7351.

Dear Sun Spots: I enjoy your column every day. I hope you or a reader can help me. I need a halogen light bulb for an ornamental lighthouse light. The bulb is a 12-volt, 10-watt MR-11. I have looked around but could not find it one. Would you know where I could find this bulb? – No Name, No Town.

Answer: In addition to responses from readers, Sun Spots located the following online at Light Bulbs Etc. Inc., MR-11 2-pin/1 3/8″-diameter mini-reflector/ 10-watt/ 12-volt/ JCR/ flood. Code: 10W12VM for $3.99. You can reach them toll- free at (888) 757-9591, via e-mail at [email protected] or via post at 14821 West 99th St., Lenexa, KS 66215.

Dear Sun Spots: Is there a place in the Rumford area that repairs and refinishes rocking chairs? Thank you for coming to the rescue of so many people in your column. – No Name, Rumford.

Answer: Sun Spots has not located any, but perhaps there are carpenters out there offering this service who would be willing to write into the column and provide their contact information. Sun Spots will be happy to feature their details in a future column.

Dear Sun Spots: I wanted to write to you again to help me out like you did the last time I asked for your help. I hope your readers can help like they did the last time, too. I know a mother whose son is in need of a twin or full-sized bed with mattress, box spring, frame and headboard. When I went up to see them, her son was sleeping on the floor. I couldn’t believe these things still happen nowadays. Her son is in his second year of college, and he had to move off campus because it was too expensive. He has to work to pay for college, so he works on a farm for three days each weekend. If anyone can please help me help them, it would be greatly appreciated. God bless you, and I pray someone can help me. I can be reached at 783-2824. Thank you, Sun Spots. – D.B., Auburn.

This column is for you, our readers. It is for your questions and comments. There are only two rules: You must write to the column and sign your name (we won’t use it if you ask us not to). Letters will not be returned or answered by mail, and telephone calls will not be accepted. Your letters will appear as quickly as space allows. Address them to Sun Spots, P.O. Box 4400, Lewiston, ME 04243-4400. Inquiries can also be posted at in the Advice section under Opinion on the left-hand corner of your computer screen. In addition, you can e-mail your inquiries to [email protected]

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.