LEWISTON – Tyler Fleurant made a highlight-reel move past a Kennebunk defenseman, broke in alone on Rams’ goaltender Mark Airoldi and snapped the puck into the top left corner of the net to put Biddeford ahead for good at 11:38 of the second period as the Tigers upended the Rams 3-1 at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee in the teams’ Western Class A semifinal Saturday.

“This was everything it was billed to be,” Biddeford coach Jamie Gagnon said. “Two great goaltenders going back and forth, great saves for each of them, two teams just fighting for it. Luckily, we put home more than they did.”

Nicholas Reny scored the game’s first goal 2:34 in on a Shawn Grover rebound. Kennebunk’s lone goal came later in the first when Matt Tucceri popped a shot past Biddeford netminder Tony Dube, who was still sprawled on the ice after being run over by Maruc Smith.

From there, though, Dube was solid, finishing with 30 saves.

Scarborough 5, Falmouth 1

After one shot on goal, Scarborough appeared to be doomed.

Falmouth sophomore Michael Chase fired a weak wrist shot from just inside the blue line that beat netminder Josh Larrabee through the 5-hole just 42 seconds in.

But the Red Storm roared back, getting a pair of goals each from Mike Dakers and Ben Talbot as No. 5 Scarborough toppled No. 1 Falmouth, 5-1.

“That goal woke (Larrabee) up,” Scarborough coach Jay Mazur said. “He was much more relaxed after that, and the forward lines seemed to pick it up after that, too.”

Scarborough took advantage of Falmouth’s mistakes to regain the advantage. Dakers’ first on a turnover in the Falmouth zone knotted the game at 13:22 of the first, and Brent Mayo picked the top left corner of the net on a turnover in the slot midway through the second.

Bangor 4, Waterville 0

Matt Boehmer and his new linemates found the perfect time to start working well together. Boehmer had a pair of goals and an assist, Christian Dionne had a goal and a pair of helpers, and Andrew Riley stopped all 21 shots his stingy defense allowed to lead the Bangor Rams to a 4-0 shutout over Waterville.

Riley didn’t see much action after a back-and-forth opening period, but when he was called on, he came up big.

. The shutout is his second in as many playoff games, coming on the heels of a 1-0 victory over Messalonskee.

“Everyone comes out with a job to do,” Riley said. “The defense helped me out a bit with those tough bounces off the back boards.”

Bangor scored the first goal 2:28 into the opening period. Dionne gathered a loose rebound in the low left slot and fired at the net. Waterville goaltender Nolan MacDonnell slid over from his left to right and caught a piece of the puck, but only enough to slow it down as it wobbled in near the right post.

Bangor added an insurance marker at 13:14 of the middle frame when a shot from the left point by Ted Murray glanced off of Nick George’s skate and past MacDonnell, who was looking for the puck to go well wide.

Both of Boehmer’s goals came in the third on assists from Dionne.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.