I have been following the gay marriage issue for more than five years and have a few questions I need answered by someone much smarter than me. If gay marriage was against the governor’s beliefs, why did he sign the bill?

If the Legislature is supposed to do the work for those who elected them, why is it that only 42 percent of Mainers are for gay marriage? That leaves 58 percent (the majority) against the idea.

I hear proponents of same-sex marriage say that it is natural for men to be with men and women to be with women. Why it is that all of nature’s animals always pick a mate of the opposite sex? I never have seen two male horses mating, or for that matter, cows, pigs, birds, bees, etc.

I hear some clergy say that God is not against same-sex marriage. But if God was for it, why did he make Eve for Adam when he could have given him a Jimmy or a Johnny. Then, to cloud up matters a little bit more, why would God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?

When I look at how the United States of America has lost its Christian moral beliefs or compass, I can understand why the country is going down the toilet, or maybe becoming the next Sodom or Gomorrah.

John Dumont, Winthrop


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.