Mets third baseman David Wright and Dodgers pitcher Hiroki Kuroda were released from the hospital Sunday and Texas second baseman Ian Kinsler was back in the lineup after all three took balls off their heads Saturday.

New York spokesman Jay Horwitz said Wright was examined by a neurologist Saturday night and again Sunday morning before being sent home. The All-Star third baseman still had a headache and was experiencing “post-concussion symptoms,” Horwitz said.

Wright was hit square on the helmet by a 94 mph fastball from Matt Cain in New York’s 5-4, 10-inning loss to the San Francisco Giants.

When asked if Wright could miss the rest of the season, New York manager Jerry Manuel said it’s “a possibility” depending on how further tests come out. The club placed him on the 15-day DL after a 3-2 victory over the Giants.

“I do believe we have to be cautious with this,” Manuel said, “and we will be.”

A CT scan on Kuroda was negative and the right-hander was scheduled for more tests by Los Angeles neurologist Dr. Vernon Williams on Monday.

“I feel lucky to be alive and to be able to get back on the mound again,” Kuroda said after Los Angeles’ 9-3 victory over Arizona on Sunday. “You never know what is going to happen in this game.”

The 34-year-old Kuroda crumpled to the mound after pinch-hitter Rusty Ryal’s liner deflected off the right side of his head and landed near the Arizona on-deck circle before bouncing into the stands for a ground-rule double.

All eight Dodgers fielders stood on the mound as trainers tended to Kuroda, who was placed on a stretcher and loaded onto a cart. He raised both of his arms as the cart rolled off the field in the sixth inning.

“Just very lucky. I guess it just hit him in the right spot if there is such a right spot,” Dodgers manager Joe Torre said.

Kuroda said he called his wife, Masayo, from the ambulance en route to St. Joseph’s Hospital. She was in Los Angeles, and saw the play on TV.

“She thought I died,” he said. “It happened so fast, I didn’t have any time to be scared. The ball came so fast I didn’t have time to react.”

Kinsler homered and drove in two runs a day after Fernando Cabrera’s fastball bounced off his shoulder and struck him in the batting helmet. He got up off the ground quickly and exchanged words with Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek before taking first base.

Kinsler said everything was fine after he spoke with the Boston captain.

“When a ball comes at your face like that, you don’t have time to think,” Kinsler said before Texas’ 4-3 win over Boston on Sunday. “Me and Varitek had some words. We were able to talk after the game and put it behind us.”

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.