One man was taken to the hospital with chest pains Wednesday night as flames tore through his home at 28 Just Right Acres in Waterford.

A fire official said David Hart was examined as a precaution. He was not hurt when his one-story house, which he shares with his wife, Rockie Graham, went up in flames at about 5:30 p.m. Fire crews went to the home just off Route 118 and found the home engulfed and flames burning through the roof.

Two hours later, the blaze was reportedly under control and most of the contents of the house had been saved.

Fire Chief Adrien Morin said snow slid off the roof and peeled the stovepipe off the house setting it on fire.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.