WILTON — Police are asking for help to find two men accused in the beating of a local man Sunday night.

Wilton police received arrest warrants Wednesday for Juan Colon, 23, of Livermore Falls and Kahner Dee, 18, of Jay, police Chief Heidi Wilcox said Friday. Both warrants charge the men with felony aggravated assault.

Wilcox is asking that anyone who knows where they are call the Wilton station at 645-4222.

Colon is accused of hitting Jason White, 43, of Wilton in the head with a homemade club that caused a serious injury on Main Street, according to Wilton police Sgt. Chad Abbott’s affidavit filed with the court.

 White drove by 23 Maxwell Road on Sunday when several men ran toward him, Jay police Detective Richard Caton IV wrote in an affidavit. White threw a Molotov cocktail into the road and the men chased him into Wilton where he was assaulted, the document said.

Wilton officer Andrew Hardy responded to Main Street about 8 p.m. Sunday for a report of people fighting with a hatchet and a hammer, Wilcox said Friday. Hardy found White unconscious man in the road bleeding from the head, she said.


White was taken to Franklin Memorial Hospital in Farmington by a NorthStar EMS ambulance and released Monday.

During the investigation, Abbott and Wilton officer Ryan Richardson learned that White was struck repeatedly with a homemade wooden club during a confrontation with three men, she said. Witnesses reported the three assailants left in a green sport utility vehicle, Wilcox said.

On Tuesday, Benjamin York, 18, of Jay, was arrested on a felony charge of aggravated assault in connection with the case. He remained in Franklin County jail on Friday on $1,000 cash bail or a Maine pretrial service agreement, according to a corrections officer.

Also Tuesday, White was arrested by Caton on a charge of terrorizing in Jay. The charge was changed by the District Attorneys Office on Wednesday to felony criminal threatening.

White remained in jail Friday on $1,000 cash bail or a pretrial agreement.

Caton worked with Wilton police during the investigation. Maine State Police and Franklin County sheriff’s deputies assisted police Sunday.


Comments are no longer available on this story