PORTLAND (AP) — A Portland waterfront restaurant expects to reopen on Saturday following a fire that caused least $50,000 in damage.

Firefighters said Boone’s fish House Oyster Room was empty when firefighters responded at about 4 a.m. Wednesday and there are no reported injuries.

Firefighters said they discovered the fire in the walls surrounding a chimney.

Manger Andre Gennitti told the Portland Press-Herald (http://bit.ly/1cOamYj) the fire started in a wood frame around the central fireplace. It damaged the flooring around the fireplace and floorboard on the second floor.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.