LIVERMORE FALLS — A fire that destroyed a mobile home and injured two people Monday was caused by an unattended pan of grease being heated on a stove, fire Chief Tim “TD” Hardy said Tuesday.

Rodney and Evette Waldron lived in the home at 206 Haines Corner Road. They were taken to a Lewiston hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening, he said.

A dog perished in the fire and two cats have not been found.

Firefighters from four towns responded to the fire. The mobile home was fully engulfed when they arrived.

[email protected]


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.