FARMINGTON — A New Sharon man pleaded guilty Tuesday to manufacturing methamphetamine and endangering two children at the family’s home on Farmington Falls Road in March, according to Franklin County Superior Court documents.

Daniel Villacci, 38, is expected to serve a total of five years in prison followed by three years probation.

He pleaded guilty to a felony charge of aggravated trafficking of scheduled drugs and misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of a child and violating conditions of release. He also admitted to violating probation, documents stated.

He was sentenced to one year in jail on the probation violation and 10 years in prison with all but four years suspended on the drug charge with three years of probation upon his release.

Villacci was also sentenced to nine months on the endangering charge and six months on the violation charge to be served at the same time as the drug sentence, according to court documents.

Villacci and Tabatha Schoubroek, 30, also of New Sharon, were arrested March 27 after Franklin County Sheriff’s deputies and Maine Drug Enforcement agents went to their residence to follow up on a tip from Farmington police on a methamphetamine operation. The couple had purchased pseudoephedrine, an ingredient in the methamphetamine manufacturing process, according to court documents.


Methamphetamine is an addictive and potent central nervous system stimulant.

Police went to interview the couple and serve a search warrant. They found components of a methamphetamine lab at the 545 Farmington Falls Road home. Police also found evidence of a fire that had started around a recent “meth cook,” according to the court record.

Schoubroek’s case has not been resolved.

The Maine Department of Health and Human Services removed the two children, ages 6 and 8, from the home in March after the couple was arrested on the drug trafficking charges.

The children went to stay with their grandmother in Standish. In April, the children’s father, Timothy Schoubroek, 32, and Tressa Sprague, 35, both of Standish, were accused of manufacturing methamphetamine on the first floor of the home where the children were staying. The children were again removed, according to a release from Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland. They had been staying with their grandmother on the second floor.

Daniel Villacci and Tabatha Schoubroek previously were indicted on a felony charge each of possession of heroin last year. The two children came home in April 2014 to find Villacci and Schoubroek unresponsive. The children called police and a family member.

Villacci was convicted Feb. 27 on a felony charge of unlawful possession of an illegal drugs.

In December, the couple was arrested on charges of theft after a Sidney company claimed the two had charged more than $6,000 on its credit card, officials said. Criminal charges in that case are pending.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.