Update: Lisbon man burned himself after playing with lighter fluid

LISBON — A Lisbon Street man was recovering Wednesday after he was burned while trying to light a cigarette the night before.

Lisbon police said they responded to a call about a man on fire at about 7 p.m. Tuesday at 706 Lisbon St.  When police arrived, they found the man with burns on his body.  

Early reports were that the man spilled lighter fluid on himself while trying to light a cigarette. Lisbon firefighters took him to Central Maine Medical Center where he was being treated for second degree burns.

The State of Maine Fire Marshal’s office was investigating. 

Comments are not available on this story.

filed under: