Lewiston firefighters are shown dousing flames at an overnight electrical fire early Sunday at 242 Park St. The fire at a multifamily apartment building left a dozen people without housing, according to the Lewiston Fire Department. (Larry Gilbert Jr/Sun Journal)

LEWISTON — An overnight electrical fire early Sunday left about a dozen people without housing, according to the Fire Department.

The fire at a multifamily apartment building at 242 Park St. was reported at 12:07 a.m. Sunday, according to firefighters.

The fire started in the first-floor, front apartment in an electrical wall outlet, according to a report. Fire inspectors at the scene ruled the blaze accidental.

The fire was out within a couple or hours. Firefighters estimated damage to the building at $50,000.

Although 12 people were left without places to live, no one was injured. The displaced residents are being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Lewiston firefighters check a first-floor apartment at 242 Park St. early Sunday, after a fire was reporter about 12:30 a.m. (Larry Gilbert Jr/Sun Journal)


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.