Sign In:


PORTLAND PRESS HERALD DARKROOM
Harry Cochrane murals

/

Helpful tips...

esc button

Use the LEFT / RIGHT keys to navigate the Darkroom

esc button

Use the UP key to show captions

esc button

Use the DOWN key to hide captions

esc button

Use the ESC key to close Darkroom

Find other amazing Darkroom photos below

X
  • Hide
    Harry Cochrane murals - Sun Journal photo by Russ Dillingham | of | Share this photo

    A close-up of the mural "Birth of Law," painted by Monmouth artist Harry Cochrane in 1923 after he was commissioned by the town of Rumford for the courthouse there.

    Show
  • Hide
    Harry Cochrane murals - Sun Journal photo by Russ Dillingham | of | Share this photo

    A mural painting – “The Code of Justinian” – hangs behind the judge’s bench inside the courtroom at Oxford County Superior Court in Paris. The artist, Harry Cochrane, was commissioned by the town to paint the mural and decorate the courtroom, but no documentation exists of when he painted it.

    Show
  • Hide
    Harry Cochrane murals - Sun Journal photo by Russ Dillingham | of | Share this photo

    Monmouth artist Harry Cochrane's mural, commissioned by the city of Auburn in 1940 to redecorate the courtroom at Androscoggin County Superior Court, is entitled “Law, the Defender of Civilization” and still hangs behind the bench, nearly 80 years later.

    Show