LEWISTON — In a hockey game with as much head-snapping, back-and-forth action as a good tennis match, the Biddeford Tigers served up the final ace in a come-from-behind effort at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee on Wednesday.

Shawn Grover potted two goals early in the third period and Brian Dumoulin fired the final dagger with a short-handed goal late to lead the Tigers to a 6-4 win over the Saints.

“This is the kind of game you’re going to see all year in this division,” Biddeford coach Jamie Gagnon said. “We knew (St. Dom’s) was a better team than their score against Kennebunk in our building indicated, and they had us on the ropes for a while.”

It was a tough blow for St. Dom’s (3-4), which controlled the action for most of the game, outshooting Biddeford 38-22.

“I can’t be disappointed in the way we played, because we outplayed them for most of the game,” St. Dom’s coach John Pleau said. “We outshot them, and we’re starting to score, but we still aren’t finishing enough.”

In the second period, the Saints fired off their own three-goal burst to take a 4-3 lead into the locker room after 30 minutes.

All three came on the power play.

“Our power play is starting to move the puck well,” Pleau said.

Jacob Rutt started things off in the second for the Saints with a pretty, short-side wrister on a rush up the right side. After Jeremy Grebin made it 3-2, Alex Tyburski again evened the game up with his second of the night on a rebound goal after his wrap-around attempt pulled Biddeford goalie Tony Dube off the post.

C.J. Bergeron made it 4-3 St. Dom’s on another power play at 14:33 of the period.

“We got into some penalty trouble in the second, and against a team like that, you can’t do that,” Gagnon said.

In the third, Biddeford started to turn things around, thanks in large part to Dube, who stopped 34 of 38 shots to earn the victory.

“He’s made the saves he’s had to make to keep us in the game all season,” Gagnon said.

Dube made 13 of his saves in the final period.

Meanwhile, Grover netted his pair at 6:33 and 9:44 to again give the visiting Tigers (8-1) the lead. Dumoulin, a defenseman with a knack for offense, finished off the scoring with a short-handed rush with 3:18 to play.

“He’s the kind of player who will create opportunities for everyone else on the ice,” Gagnon said. “He can dish the puck off when he has to, but he showed on that last goal that he can step up and be an offensive force when he needs to.”

Nate Brown played well in the Saints’ cage, despite his six goals allowed.

Just 14 seconds into the game, Alex Tyburski pounded a pass from Sheldon Roy past Dube to put the home team ahead, 1-0.

The Tigers didn’t stay behind for long. At 2:53, Nick Reny finished off a 2-on-1 by roofing the puck over Brown on a feed from Dumoulin to knot the score.

Biddeford went ahead 2-1 at 13:25 of the first as Derek Reny fired a wrist shot that beat Brown low to the blocker side.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.