LISBON — A stove fire in an apartment at 16 Goddard St. in Lisbon Falls shortly before 7 p.m. Thursday prompted Deputy Fire Chief Bob Robitaille to issue a warning to residents.

He reminded people to promptly clean up cooking grease from under burners because it can easily ignite.

The smoky fire started from accumulated grease between the burners of the electric stove and the oven, he said.

The occupant was able to extinguish the blaze but suffered a minor burn to his hand and declined medical attention, Robitaille said. Damage was confined to a cabinet above the stove.

Firefighters used a fan to eject smoke from the apartment, and because there were no working smoke detectors in the apartment, Robitaille said new smoke detectors were provided by the Fire Department. 


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: